I have a Phd in mathematics from University of Nice, France. I was a postdoc at Linköping University with a grant from Wenner Gren Foundations.
I am an associate professor in mathematics at University of Borås, Sweden.
My research interests are in commutative algebra, algebraic geometry, algebraic combinatorics, and the interactions between them. My current research is focused on classification of Artin Gorenstein algebras, Weak and Strong Lefschetz properties and Jordan type decompositions.
- Workshop on Lefschetz Properties in Algebra, Geometry, Topology and Combinatorics, 15-19 May 2023, Fields institute, Canada.
- AMS special session on The Combinatorics and Geometry of Jordan Type and Lefschetz Properties, Joint Mathematics Meetings, 4-7 January 2023, Boston, USA
- Commutative Algebra, Algebraic Geometry and Related Topics, Universitat Jaume I, Universidad Michoacana De San Nicolas De Higalgo, Universitat Politècnica de València, 8-9 December 2022, Spain and Mexico (online workshop)
- The strong and weak Lefschetz properties, 12-16 September 2022, INdAM meeting, Il Palazzone, Cortona, Italy
- AMS-EMS-SMF special session on Deformation of Artinian algebras and Jordan type, 18-22 July 2022, Grenoble, France
- Arrangements in Ticino, 27 June – 1 July 2022, Ticino, Switzerland
- Lefschetz Properties in Algebra, Geometry and Combinatorics II, 14-18 October 2019, CIRM, Marseille, France
- Algebraic Combinatorics in Ancona, 13-15 June 2018, Ancona, Italy
- Lefschetz properties and Jordan type in algebra, geometry and combinatorics, 25-29 June 2018, Levico Terme, Italy
- Lefschetz properties in algebra, geometry and combinatorics, 10-14 July 2017, Mittag-Leffler, Stockholm, Sweden
- LICMA ’17, 16-19 May 2017, Lebanon
- Combinatorics at the crossroads of Algebra, Geometry and Topology, AMS Special Session, 24-24 September 2016, Brunswick, USA
- Computational Geometric Topology in Arrangement Theory, 6-10 July 2015 ICERM, Providence, USA
- Conference on Differential Geometry, Notre-Dame University / CAMS, 27-30 April 2015 Lebanon
- Applications of Artin Approximation in Singularity Theory, February 2015, CIRM, Marseille, France
- Algebraic Topology, geometric and combinatorial group theory, 19 January – 8 February 2015, Centro di Ricerca Matematica, Pisa, Italy
- Commutative Algebra and Singularity Theory, 28 July – 1 August 2014, Tateyama, Japan
- Local cohomology and syzygies of affine algebras, Pragmatic School, 23 June – 11 July 2014, Catania, Italy
- Geometry and Topology of Singular Varieties, Theory and Applications, CIMPA School Hanoi, 2-14 December 2013, Vietnam
- Geometry and Topology of Complex Singularities, CIRM, April 2013, Marseille, France
- Characteristic Classes, Summer School, 22-26 October 2012, Porquerolles, France
Publications and Preprints
- N. Abdallah. A note on the structure of some codimension four Artin Gorenstein algebras, arXiv:2302.14797, (2023)
- N. Abdallah, J. Emsalem, A. Iarrobino and J. Yaméogo. Limits of graded Gorenstein algebras with Hilbert function (1,3^k,1), arXiv:2302.00287, (2023)
- N. Abdallah and H. Schenck. Free resolutions and Lefschetz properties of some Artin Gorenstein rings of codimension four, arXiv:2208.01536, (2022)
- N. Abdallah and H. Schenck. Nets in P^2 and Alexander duality, arXiv: 2208.01557, (2022), (to appear in Discrete & Computational Geometry)
- N. Abdallah, N. Altafi, A. Iarrobino, A. Seceleanu and J. Yaméogo. Lefschetz properties of some codimension three Artinian Gorenstein algebras, J. Algebra, 625, (2023), 28-45.
- N. Abdallah, J. Emsalem and A. Iarrobino. Nets of Conics and associated Artinian algebras, arXiv:2110.04436, (94pp), (2021), (to appear in European Journal of Mathematics)
- N. Abdallah, M. Hansson and A. Hultman. Topology of posets with special partial matchings, Advances in Mathematics, 348, (2019), 255-276
- N. Abdallah and A. Hultman. Combinatorial invariance and Kazhdan-Lusztig-Vogan polynomials for fixed point free involutions, Journal of Algebraic Combinatorics, 47 No.4, (2018), 543-560
- N. Abdallah. On Hodge Theory of Singular Plane Curves, Canadian Mathematical Bulletin, 59, (2016), 449-460
- N. Abdallah. On Plane Curves with Double and Triple Points, Mathematica Scandinavica, 119, No.1 (2016)
Northeastern University and Endicott college, Boston, USA
(January 1-14, 2023)
University of Côte d’Azur, Nice, France
(April 24 to May 5, 2022)
RIMS, Kyoto, Japan
(October 16-28, 2016)
University of Zaragoza, Spain
(October 5-12, 2016)
Visiting assistant professor at Uppsala University, Sweden
I taught “Linear algebra and Geometry” and “Matematik Baskurs”
Visiting assistant professor at University of Gothenburg, Sweden
(2019 – 2020)
I taught “Linear algebra”, “Statistics and discrete mathematics”, “Several variable calculus”, “Matematik 3 – Basår” and “Calculus”
Visiting assistant professor at Örebro University, Sweden
I taught “Discrete mathematics”, “Case studies in statistics”, “Case stusdies in computational mathematics”, “Matlab projects in linear algebra and calculus”, and problem solving in linear algebra, calculus and statistics.
Postdoc at Linköping University, Sweden
I worked with Axel Hultman on Kazhdan-Lusztig polynomials and Coxeter groups.
Lecturer at American University of Beirut, Lebanese American University and University of Holy Spirit of Kaslik, Lebanon
I taught “Discrete mathematics”, “Biostatistics” and “Freshman Calculus”.
Lecturer at Skema Business School, Sophia-Antipolis, France
I taught “College Algebra”, “Applied mathematics with matrices”